Icons are not displayed for certain files in Windows 7
- Click Start.
- On the Tools menu, click Folder options.
- On the View tab, select the Show hidden files, folders, and drives check-box, and then click OK.
- Return to Windows Explorer, expand Computer in the left pane.
- Click Local disk (C):, and then open the Users folder.
Why are none of my desktop icons showing?
Right-click on an empty space on your desktop. Click on the “View” option from the context menu to expand the options. Make sure that “Show desktop icons” is ticked. If it isn’t, simply click on it once to ensure it wasn’t causing issues with displaying your desktop icons.
How do I restore my desktop in Windows 7?
From the Control Panel
- Log on to your computer as an administrator.
- Open the Control Panel by clicking Start, and then clicking Control Panel.
- Click System and Security, and then click System.
- Under the Control Panel Home menu, click System protection.
- Click System Restore.
- Recommended Restore is the default choice.
How do I enable desktop icons in Windows 7?
Your desktop icons may be hidden. To view them, right-click the desktop, select View, and then select Show desktop icons.
How do I recover my lost desktop?
If some of your desktop files disappeared or you accidently deleted the Desktop folder after you set up File History, follow these steps to restore them:
- Open File Explorer.
- Right-click Desktop and click Restore previous versions.
- Choose a date and time when the data was present and click Restore.
How do I restore my computer icon?
How To Fix My Computer Icon Missing in Windows 10
How do I find a missing desktop shortcut?
How to Restore Missing Desktop Icons on Windows 10/11
- Open “Settings” and click on “Personalization”.
- Click “Themes”, then click “Desktop icons settings”.
- Select the icons you want to see on the desktop, like Computer (This PC), User’s Files, Network, Recycle Bin, and Control Panel.
- Click “Apply”, then “OK”.
How do I fix no desktop icons and taskbar?
Restart Windows Explorer
Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) controls the desktop view (icons, taskbar and system tray). Restarting this service can refresh the desktop. On your keyboard, you’ll want to hit Ctrl + Alt + Del and then select Task Manager. Find the service, right-click and choose to Restart.
How do I restore Windows 7 without losing data?
How to Repair Windows 7 without Losing Data
- Safe mode and Last Known Good Configuration.
- Run Startup Repair.
- Run System Restore.
- Use the System File Checker tool to repair system files.
- Use Bootrec.exe repair tool for boot problems.
- Create a bootable rescue media.
Does Windows 7 have a restore feature?
Select the Start button, and then select Settings . Select Update & Security > Backup > Go to Backup and Restore (Windows 7). Select Select another backup to restore files from. Select the backup created from your Windows 7 PC, and then select Next.