Fix your Sky viewing card – Sky Help
Why is my Sky viewing card not paired?
If your viewing card is inserted correctly, remove it from your Sky box and then reinsert back into the correct slot, ensuring that the arrows are pointing towards your Sky box and card chip is facing down. If you are still seeing the On Screen Message, you will need to complete a restart on your Sky box.
How do I pair my viewing card to my HD box?
Insert your card into the slot on the front of your Sky box. Press Services on your Sky remote, select Settings, and then Details. Make a note of your Sky box Version Number, 10 or 11-digit Serial Number, 9-digit Viewing Card Number, and Receiver ID. Sign into the My Sky app with your SkyID.
How long does it take to pair a viewing card Sky?
Please be patient however as it can take anywhere from a few minutes up to four hours to fully pair your Sky Q viewing card and activate your channels. make sure your Sky Q box is switched on and fully connected during this time to avoid any issues.
Can I pair my Sky viewing card in another box?
Your Sky card is paired with your Sky Box so it’s designed to work together. The card cannot be used with another box or a third party equipment.
What buttons do I press to reset my Sky box?
Press and hold down the ‘red reset button’ located behind the My Sky panel at the front of your box. Hold this down until all the lights appear on the box, then release. All the lights will turn off and the box will go through a reboot.
How do I resync my Sky Q box?
You also need to reconnect your Sky Q Mini boxes. Go to Settings, Setup, Network and select Reset followed by Confirm. When the box restarts press Select and then go to the closest connected Sky Q device (the main box or Booster) and press and hold its WPS button (far right) until it flashes amber.
Why won’t my Sky box connect to the network?
Re: SkyQ box won’t connect to Sky Router
Try first rebooting you router by disconnecting the power lead for 30 secs and the reconnect. Wait until the router is fully back up and running and then reboot your main Q box.
Why is my sky go not connecting to my Sky Q box?
To reconnect to your Sky Q box, tap on Recordings in the Sky Go app. Open your notifications panel (usually by swiping down from the top of the screen). Tap on Sky Go notification that says Connected to your Sky Q box.
How do I pair my STB and smart card?
To pair smart cards with decoders:
- On the Provisioning module, click Setup Pairing.
- Retrieve details of the customer.
- To do a pairing, click the Add link in Pairing Details table.
- Select the type of smart card from SmartCard Code drop down.
- Select the type of decoder from Decoder Code drop down.
How do I reset my HD box?
Reset Digibox HD to factory default
- Using the remote control, press Menu.
- Select Tools.
- Select Factory Default.
How do I reset my Sky HD box?
Reset your Sky box
- Turn off your Sky box directly at the mains.
- Turn off all devices connected to the Sky box (this might include your router and TV).
- Check that all the lights on the Sky box have completely disappeared.
- Leave the box and connected devices off for a few minutes.
- Switch your devices back on.
How do I find my 9 digit viewing card number Sky?
Customers can find their Sky viewing card number by going to the System Information / System Details page within the Settings menu.
How do I activate my Sky Q viewing card?
Connect your Sky Q box to the internet by going to Settings > Network and selecting your WiFi network. Pair your viewing card by going to Settings > System info > Viewing card number > Setup and then follow the onscreen instructions.
How do I connect my Sky box to my satellite?
Connect the power cable to an available power outlet and turn this on. Wait for at least a minute or two for the box to power up again….
- Satellite Cable. Screw the cable into ‘Input 1’ on the back of your Sky Box until it’s finger tight.
- HDMI cable (Preferred)
- Ethernet port.
- Power cable.
Why is my Sky Q box saying insert viewing card?
@geordiemcc try taking your viewing card out and giving the chip a wipe/clean with a lint free cloth then putting the card back in and pushing it in until you hear it click in to place and see if that helps.
Does Sky Box need two inputs?
This means that if you have a satellite STB/ PVR that requires a connection to a wideband LNB and is otherwise not compatible with a universal LNB like Sky Q boxes, you must have two separate coaxial cable inputs connecting between your wideband LNB and you satellite RX because if you didn’t, you would only receive …
Can you use an old Sky box without a card?
Re: Using sky+HD box without dish or viewing card
won’t get you any programming.
How do you force restart a Sky box?
If the light doesn’t turn green, you’ll need to restart your Sky box.
- Press the standby button on your Sky remote, then turn your box off at the mains. Wait a few moments and turn the box back on.
- Wait four minutes, then press sky on your Sky remote.
How do I pair my Sky remote after reset?
Press 7 & 9 together on the remote until it’s led flashes four times. Then make sure that you are pointing your remote at the Q box and press 1 & 3 together until the led flashes twice and follow onscreen instructions to re- pair.
What happens if you press reset on Sky router?
Put simply, a reset will take your hub back to its factory settings, theoretically making it work like the first time you received it.
Why is my Sky Q out of sync?
Re: Sky Q lip sync issues
It’s worthwhile giving both your TV and Q box a full reboot – off at the wall for 30 seconds then turn back on and allow to restart. Are you using the HDMI cable that came with the Q box?
What to do if it says Cannot connect to this network?
What to do if it says Cannot connect to this network?
- Select the Start button > Settings > Network & Internet > Status. Open Network & Internet Status settings.
- Under Change your network settings, select Network troubleshooter.
- Follow the steps in the troubleshooter, and see if that fixes the problem.
How do I fix not connected to a network?
Try these common fixes first.
- Restart your router. This fix works so often that it’s always worth trying first.
- Switch Wi-Fi bands (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz)
- Test your Wi-Fi on different devices.
- Try a different Ethernet cable.
- Improve the position of your device and/or router.
How do I fix network not connecting?
Can’t Connect to Internet? Here’s 9 Ways to Troubleshoot
- Check for Physical Connectivity Issues.
- Restart the Router.
- Evaluate Software Problems.
- Check If You’re Outside the Wireless Signal Range.
- Check Service Isn’t Being Blocked.
- Open Windows Network Diagnostics and Check Your DNS settings.
- Reboot the Computer.
Why won’t Sky Go work on my smart TV?
If your Smart TV built-in Chromecast isn’t detected by the Cast icon when using Sky Go app, you’ll need to get a separate Chromecast device (Chromecast 3 or Chromecast Ultra) and plug it into your Smart TV to be able to stream the Sky Go content.
Why can’t I watch Sky Go on my TV?
Re: Sky go not working can’t play
In the Sky Go app from the homepage go to Settings and turn on the connection to a Sky Q box, even if you don’t have a Q box. Then go back as the play button should now work.
How do I reconnect my Sky card?
Pair your viewing card on Sky Q
How do I find my 9 digit Sky viewing card number?
- On the Sky remote control, press Services.
- Choose the Settings tab from the top menu (spanner icon), then press Select.
- The “Picture” menu will now be highlighted.
- Press the right arrow button twice to highlight the “System Details” tab.
- You’ll then see “Viewing card number” in a list.
How do I reset my Sky Q box without losing recordings?
Locate the “reset” button on the back of the box. Now press the “reset button” for atleast 30 seconds. Press the “standby” button on the box when light is flashing. Now the box will restart at its own.