Many people cannot even define what an endocrinologist does, but it is an important medical professional who treats health problems caused by hormonal imbalances. Hormonal imbalances can be quite serious and can impact a daily life, and an endocrinologist helps correct these imbalances. An endocrinologist treats various conditions, including the following:
- Thyroid disorder. This disorder leads to kidney issues, difficulties with memory, weight gain, chronic fatigue, and other problems. If you suspect thyroid disease, you should see an endocrinologist who will prescribe you effective treatment.
- Excessive hair growth. This health issue is called hirsutism and often affects women. It is often associated with low estrogen levels, as well as excess male hormones. An endocrinologist can effectively identify this health issue and treat it with medication.
- Diabetes. If you are diagnosed with diabetes, an endocrinologist is one of the first health professionals who you should see. An endocrinologist will develop an effective program for you to manage diabetes and its symptoms. Managing diabetes is extremely important as it helps prevent other serious complications and health issues in the future.
- Infertility. If you cannot get pregnant for an extended period of time, a consultation with an endocrinologist might be helpful. This doctor may suggest you a hormonal treatment that will help you to resolve health issues that do not allow you to conceive and start a family.
- Menopause. Menopause is the time in a women’s life when her periods stop completely. This period is associated with certain hormonal changes and symptoms, such as hot flashes, sleep disturbances, irritability, night sweats, and others. These symptoms can be very unpleasant and affect a daily life of a woman. An endocrinologist can help manage these changes and make a woman’s life more comfortable during menopause.
- Obesity. Often, obesity is not a personal choice or the lack of discipline. Sometimes, it is a result of hormonal changes in the body. In this case, a person needs help of an endocrinologist who will offer effective obesity treatment to control weight and prevent other health issues.
Do you live in the state of Michigan, and are you looking for an endocrinologist in Michigan? We recommend you to reach out to Associated Endocrinologists, P.C., a consultative practice in the field of endocrinology with two locations in Farmington Hills, MI and Clarkston, MI. This practice has over 40 years of professional experience and is known as one of the oldest and highest volume endocrine practices in Midwest. We specialize in treating thyroid disorder, diabetes, parathyroid, osteoporosis, and other endocrine health issues.